Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Oh Fudge

Long story, but I'm going to a Christmas party tonight with some of my local art friends, and I need to bring some goodies. Originally I'd planned on baking some cookies, but the day is jam-packed, so I decided to make (for the first time!) Alton Brown's microwave fudge. It was quick and easy, and hopefully it will be good. It has high ratings, but I was short about 1 ounce on the amount of powdered sugar the recipe called for. It should be fine, right?
Next I wanted to quickly create something festive to carry the fudge to the party. So I'm not saying this is my most marvelous piece of work, but it only took minutes.
I covered the side of a cookie tin with gold decorative paper and then wrapped it with some lime ribbon. I then cut a circle out of decorative paper to cover the top, and then topped that with some gold and green bows (inexpensive finds from goodwill). The paper had to be topped because my circle definitely was not perfectly cut!
It might not be a work of art, but I think it's festive and fun. And that's the spirit, right?


1 comment: